The island of Isla de Vieques may be small, when it comes to accommodations, it offers a nice variety of options for every taste from luxury to budget friendly. You won’t find cookie cutter places to stay in Vieques, each vacation rental, hotel and small inn is unique sure to please your vacation needs whether you are celebrating your honeymoon or coming for a fun family vacation with children.
Below we have listed hotels, the W Resort, small inns and guest houses, and have included a map of their locations. Vieques also offers a great selection of vacation rentals and gorgeous luxury rental properties, some available as wedding venues.
W Retreat & Spa - Currently Closed
Highlights - W Vieques
W Retreat & Spa, the only luxury beachfront resort on the magical island of Vieques, Puerto Rico. Just a few steps from the pool, you can sink your toes into soft golden sand, sit on a lounge chair on a quiet spot, relax to the sounds of the water, and jump in to refresh from the warmth of the Puerto Rican sun. Friendly staff will be ready to indulge you beverage and gourmet food from the poolside bar.
- Highlights: Luxurious accommodations, private beach, spa, excellent restaurants, wedding / event venue.
- Rates: From $280 + per night
- Location: State Road 200, KM 3.2 – HC-1 Box 9368, Vieques Island, PR, 00765 ⎜ Phone: 787-741-4100
- Highlights: Waterfront (across from Esperanza Beach), free WiFi, free continental breakfast, outdoor pool, air conditioning.
- Rates: $180+ per night
Malecon House is a 13 room boutique hotel, located on the tourist friendly Malecon of Esperanza, a beachfront strip with restaurants, small shops, where most tour charters meet for Bio Bay Tours. This is a great choice for couples, solo travelers and small families.
- Highlights: Adults only hotel, Free WiFi, 24 on-site staff, restaurant, rooftop bar / lounge, room service.
- Rates: From $160+ per night
An architectural work of art, one of the most unique hotels in Vieques. El Blok is located in the town of Esperanza, just steps from El Malecon, Esperanza Beach and various restaurants. El Blok is a great choice for honeymooners, single travelers and couples seeking for an intimate destination wedding venue. Rooms are air conditioned with a balcony, desk, in-room safe, mini bar and more.
- Highlights: Adults Only, romantic intimate hotel, waterfront, on-site restaurant, infinity pool, stargazing spot.
- Rates: starting from $130+ per night
Blue Horizon Boutique Resort faces the Caribbean Sea, located just minutes from Esperanza and bioluminescent bay tours. Enjoy outdoor living spaces with views of the water and offshore cays. Rooms are traditional style with touches of antique furniture. During low tide, guests can take a long walk along the shore leading beautiful secluded beaches.
Hix Island House
- Highlights: Spacious lofts and villas, private setting, full kitchens, free full breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, premium bedding, on-site massages, yoga classes. Hotel for guests of age 14 and older.
- Rates: $135+ per night
Hix Island House is an architectural masterpiece, a perfect blend of zen-design and luxury in perfect balance with its natural surroundings. Mr. Hix’s love for architecture and respect for the island come together beautifully at Hix Island House. If you’re looking for a true escape where you can connect with nature without sacrificing style, Hix Island House is a perfect choice. This small luxury hotel is perfect for honeymooners, each house and loft offers privacy with breathtaking island views or intimate gardens. Yoga and massages are available, it is an excellent place for yoga retreats. Popular wedding venue in Vieques.
- Highlights: Adults only hotel, free daily breakfast and WiFi, pool with scenic view, on-site massage, concierge services, beach chairs and beach necessities available so you can pack light. Available as a wedding / events venue.
- Rates: Starting at $160+ per night
Hacienda Tamarindo, a well established small hotel / B&B, offering friendly hospitality and a charming island experience. The hotel vibe is romantic and intimate, it is no wonder Hacienda Tamarindo has been a popular wedding venue for many years. Hacienda Tamarindo is nestled on a scenic breezy hillside in Esperanza just minutes from the beautiful beaches along the south and bioluminescent bay tours. Guest rooms are spacious, decorated with traditional furniture with tropical touches.
- Highlights: Oceanfront, pool.
- Rates: From $150 + per night.
Bravo Beach Hotel is a small oceanfront hotel located in the Bravos de Boston neighborhood, just a few minutes from the main town of Isabel Segunda. The hotel feels intimate and romantic offering oceanfront and garden view guest rooms. Continental breakfast is served daily. This hotel is better suited for couples, most rooms only accommodate two guests and they make no exceptions. There are suites available and a more spacious villa if you need more room.
About Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
Vieques is one of the islands of Puerto Rico, just a short flight from San Juan or ferry ride from Fajardo on the east coast. Vieques has won the coveted awards of “Best Island in the Caribbean” and if is often featured on “Best Beaches of the Caribbean and around the world lists”. Vieques is home to the brightest bioluminescent bay in the world, travelers can book a tour and experience the magic by kayak or an electric boat tour. Please book tours with responsible endorsed tour operators who do their part to help preserve the health of the bioluminescent bay.