Staying at a hotel in Old San Juan is an experience much different than a typical vacation in a cookie-cutter resort. Centuries-old buildings have been carefully restored into romantic hotels and small inns where guests can fully experience the magic of Old San Juan. Staying in the heart of Old San Juan gives visitors direct access to world class historic attractions, museums, amazing restaurants, cafes, high end stores and one of a kind local shops. Old San Juan is a living 7 block museum that’s vibrant day and night. Nightlife is vibrant yet relaxed. Old San Juan is among the safest tourist destinations in Puerto Rico with a high police presence in order to make tourists feel safe day and night.
If you want to spend time at the beach, a short taxi ride will take you to the beaches of Condado & Escambron and Isla Verde. are just a short taxi drive away, there is walking access through the new Paseo Puerta de Tierra on the north side.
+ Highlights - from $148
Named as one of the “Top Ten Historic Hotels in the Caribbean” and often described as one of the most romantic and elegant boutique hotels in the Caribbean. El Convento is a popular hotel for weddings and honeymoons. Hotel El Convento is located in the heart of Old San Juan, within walking distance to major attractions, restaurants and shops.
- Rates: from $148+ per night
- Highlights: 3 onsite restaurants, pool, special events venue.
- Location: Calle Cristo, Old San Juan - 100 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901 ⎜ Tel: 787-723-9020
+ Highlights - from $110
The Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino is one of the best locations in Old San Juan. It is located right on the waterfront community of Bahia Urbana, across the street from the Old San Juan cruise pier, and within walking distance to all major attractions in Old San Juan, restaurants, nightclubs, and shops. Hotel offers guest rooms and spacious suites.
+ Highlights - from $89
- Rates: from $89 per night
- Highlights: Near cruise terminal, central location, great value, free room WiFi, on-site cafe, rooftop terrace.
- Location: Old San Juan ⎜ 316 Calle Fortaleza, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901 ⎜ Tel: 787-725-3436
+ Highlights - from $119
Boutique hotel offering guest rooms with romantic elegant decor.
- Rates: from $119 per night
- Highlights: Central location on a quiet street. Free Continental Breakfast. Free WiFi. Rooftop terrace.
- Location: Old San Juan - 23 Caleta de las Monjas, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901 - Tel: 787-722-0989
+ Highlights - from $134
Decanter Hotel, a 19th century colonial building restored into an elegant hotel to meet the needs of today's travelers right in the center of Old San Juan. This boutique style hotel offers 20 guest rooms and suites and a fine dining at the rooftop restaurant. Decanter is just steps from Cathedral of San Juan Bautista, squares, restaurants, shops, museums and historical attractions, and nightlife.
- Rates: from $134 per night
- Highlights: 24 hr front desk, concierge services, on-site restaurant, elevator, eco-friendly, smoke-free, accessible.
- Location: Old San Juan - 106 Calle San José, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901 - Tel: 787-925-1490
Monastery Art Suites
+ Highlights - from $136
Monastery Art Hotel offers is located in central Old San Juan in popular Calle del Cristo where many shops, historic buildings and shops are located. Rooms are individually decorated with rich stylish artistic details from local and international artists. Choose from spacious suites with living areas and kitchen facilities.
- Rates: from $136 per night
- Highlights: Excellent location, Free WiFi, concierge services,
- Location: Old San Juan - 250 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, PR 00901 - Tel: 404-663-3759
El Cervantes Hotel
+ Highlights - from $78
El Cervantes Hotel is popular choice for cruisers, within walking distance from Old San Juan cruise piers. Location is excellent steps from many restaurants, Paseo la Princesa, 5 min. walk from Fort San Cristobal and more. Choose from compact guest rooms to spacious suites with separate living area and a luxury Penthouse with traditional romantic balconies.
- Rates: from $78 per night
- Highlights: Free continental breakfast, free WiFi in lobby area. Near major attractions and Old San Juan cruise piers.
- Location: Old San Juan ⎜ 329 Recinto Sur Street, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901 ⎜ Tel: 787-724-7722
+ Highlights - from $87
Located just steps from Plaza de Armas Square, a central location for walking to shops, historic sites and restaurants. This budget friendly hotel offers 50 air conditioned rooms and suites. Hotel features a traditional inner courtyard, door sized shutters that open to the colorful streets of Old San Juan.
- Rates: from $87 per night
- Highlights: Wired High Speed Internet & WiFi. Elevator for upper floors. 24 hour front desk.
- Location: Old San Juan - 202 Calle San José, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901 - Tel: 787-722-9191
+ Highlights - from $85
DaHouse is a popular budget friendly boutique styled hotel located right above the legendary Nuyorican Cafe, the best place to learn how to dance and listen to classic Salsa music. DaHouse takes pride in offering clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with friendly service.
- Rates: from $85 per night
- Highlights: Location, budget friendly, rooftop sundeck with views of the city, free WiFi in public areas
- Location: Old San Juan - 312 San Francisco St., San Juan, PR 00901. Tel: 787-977-1180